By Jennifer Weber
The Springville Area Chamber of Commerce 2018 Annual Award Dinner will be held on Saturday, Feb. 3 from 6 -9 p.m. at St. Aloysius Hall, 190 Franklin Street in Springville.
This year’s winners that will be honored at the event are:
• Business of the Year – Emerling Dealerships
• Nonprofit of the Year – Concord Historical Society
• Citizen of the Year – Kara Kane
• Student of the Year – MacKenzie Engel
• Small Business of the Year – Fiesta Bamba
• Community Service – Business of the Year: LJ Grand Livery Stables
• Community Service – Individual of the Year: Joe Emerling
• Entrepreneurial Spirit Business of the Year: Encorus Group
• 4 Under Forty: Reed Braman, Melissa Frank, Scott Kearns and Jessica Schuster
“Our Chamber added new categories this year to reflect the substantial contributions of the area’s business and nonprofit communities” said Bill Gugino, Board President. “Adding the Community Service and 4 Under Forty awards will give the community the chance to recognize a few of the many, dedicated individuals who give back to our community day after day that make Springville a great place to live and work. We would like to thank everyone who sent in nominations and congratulate the recipients on their well-deserved awards.”
New for this award event will be a keynote speaker, Katie Krawczyk, partner and president at 19 IDEAS in Buffalo who will deliver a message on the theme of “Investment.” In six years, 19 IDEAS has grown from a one-person firm to a full-service communications agency. Clients include national brands, government agencies and businesses in the healthcare, law, technology and higher education fields.
Catering will be provided by chamber member Erin Horton of Edible Crush and will include the following stations: Mediterranean Antipasto Display, Mashed Potato Bar, Fresh Fruit & Cheese Display, Cheese Tortellini Pasta Bar and a Slider Bar with French Onion Beef Sliders and Turkey Meatloaf Sliders.
The public is invited to attend this event honoring the 2018 award winners. Tickets are available for $30/each or $50/pair. Reserved tables of 8 are also available for $200. Limited sponsorships are also available for businesses. To make a reservation contact email@example.com or call (716) 592-4746.