Gardens have been important for survival and pleasure through the ages. From the Hanging Gardens of Babylon to the palace gardens at Versailles and the colonial gardens of Williamsburg, gardening has evolved through history. Step into the past or journey into the future and experience a display of gardens through time at Plantasia, WNY’s premier garden and landscape show. This year’s theme is “Gardens Through the Ages.”
Journey through 15 fully-landscaped gardens. Shop with over 115 vendors offering plants, garden decor, grills, seeds, outdoor furniture, lighting, garden tools and everything you need to inspire your own perfect outdoor living experience. Enjoy free educational seminars presented by experts covering every aspect of gardening. Children will be delighted with the activities and special events found in the Children’s Garden.
• Theme gardens, fully landscaped, covering 15,000 square feet with blooming trees, shrubs, flowers, water gardens, patios and more in a breathtaking spring display.
• Free education seminars all day, every day, given by Certified Nursery & Landscape Professionals and garden experts. Extensive variety of topics and demonstrations. Visitors, bring your questions!
• The Children’s Discovery Garden hosted by the Buffalo & Erie County Botanical Gardens: an activity center with play areas and educational events every day.
• Garden Market – Shop for garden accessories and services. Choose from a wide selection of plants, garden equipment, outdoor furniture, lighting, unique garden decor and artisanal products – everything you need to create your own perfect outdoor living experience!
• Special Events – Nightly entertainment, live broadcasts, balloon artist and more.
• Plantasia showcases two buildings! The Event Center features gardens and vendors and Artisan Hall features a wide variety of unique artisans and educational organizations.
Plantasia takes place at The Fairgrounds Event Center and Artisan Hall, 5820 South Park Avenue, Hamburg, NY 14075.Show dates and times are as follows:
Preview Night – Sponsored by Star 102.5 – Wednesday, March 22, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
This evening is a special event with separate ticket information. Please click on the link for further details.
Thursday, March 23, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday, March 24, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Saturday, March 25, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sunday, March 26, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Be sure to stop by and support your local businesses at Plantasia, which include Lamb & Webster, Inc., Shamel Milling Company, Gernatt Asphalt Products, Springville Door & Window, Inc. Chevalier Outdoor Living and A Growing Business, Inc.
For more info, call (716) 741-8047 or visit www.plantasiany.com.