Changing kids’ lives, daily.
That’s our focus at Boys & Girls Club of Springville. Changing kid’s lives. We have a passion for it and we do it well.
The National Boys & Girls Club slogan is “Great Futures Start Here.” And it’s true. We help our youth become responsible, caring citizens and acquire skills for participating in the democratic process. They also develop leadership skills and are provided opportunities for planning, decision-making and contributing to the Club and community.
Our programs are extremely well-rounded. The Boys & Girls Club of Springville offers programs in education, the arts, sports and fitness, character development, health and life skills at its three locations.
During the school year, the Maple Avenue facility serves as an after school program site that offers a wide-range of activities and opportunities for kids in 4th – 9th grades.
In addition, the Boys & Girls Club of Springville operates two licensed school age child care programs at both Springville and Colden elementary schools.
Between the three locations, the Club serves approximately 75 members per day.
Throughout the summer months, the Club serves the needs of working families and provides kids in kindergarten – 7th grades with the opportunity to experience daily adventures during Summer Camp. Last year, nearly 100 members took part in the 10-week Summer Camp program that begins in late June and ends in early September. We serve the youth of Springville, Colden, West Valley, East Concord, Glenwood, Boston and Collins.
It’s a lot of hard work and planning. We can’t do it alone. We are looking for dedicated board members to help us continue to grow and with our mission and goal:
OUR MISSION: The mission of the Boys & Girls Club of Springville is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens in our community.
OUR VISION: By promoting activities that enable kids to think critically and creatively, communicate effectively and participate actively, we hope to help build character, teach discipline, and assist in the overall development of positive-decision making skills to ensure kids become healthy, educated and productive citizens.
What qualities do we look for in a board member?
· Wisdom to help guide the Club
· Motivation to help the club, staff and youth succeed
· Passion to help our youth achieve the success they work for, desire and deserve
· Time. We have one meeting per month, as well as several fundraising events annually
· Professional skills that you currently have that could benefit the club. Such as accounting, IT, legal, communication, education, business and other skill sets that could benefit the efficiency of our Board or program development and oversight at our Club.
· Leadership to help achieve our financial goals and lead the club in a positive direction
· Team player to work together to continue the success of the club and bring fresh ideas to the table
· Collaborator to network and coordinate with outside organizations for successful fund raising events
The Springville Boys and Girls Club has seen steady growth since its inception. We need more help. We need you. Think you might be interested? We’d like to meet you and discuss our opportunities together.
If you have questions or would like to set up a tour of the club, please contact director Andy Bobseine at (716) 829-9785 or email@example.com.