Submitted by Derek M. Otto

This is the view of what is going to be Heritage Park on the former Factory St. site about 1900.    The larger building in the middle is The Springville Canning factory.  The mill pond is where the Hulbert Library stands today.    In the foreground, on the right, is Dr. Briand Scharf’s house and the house in the left foreground was razed to build the library.  The original Salem Lutheran Church is in the background on the corner of Spring Street and Maple Avenue.   The church building still stands and is an apartment house today.